Carolyn Hapgood has worked in the counselling field since 1992, with adolescents and adults. As her career and education evolved, she realized that the body also has a “story” to tell in relation to stress, tension, emotional management and trauma. Carolyn pursued further education in a number of modalities that involve the body in wellness, healing and recovery. In 2012 she opened a private practice that utilizes numerous approaches to wellness. These approaches involve the mind, body, emotions and spirit.
- Advanced Training TRE™ Provider (Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises™) – Dubrovnik, Croatia 2018
- IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist
- M.Ed. (Counselling Psychology); B.A(Hons); Criminology Certificate (MUN)
- C.C.C. (Canadian Certified Counsellor – Canadian Counselling & Psychotherapy Association)
- Global Certification – TRE™ Provider (Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises™) – Chicago 2015
- Registered Reiki Master/Teacher (Holy Fire III Karuna Reiki Master; & Holy Fire III Usui Reiki Master) – NL 2015 & UK 2016/17
- Internationally Certified Neurogenic Yoga™ Teacher – Arizona 2014
- Professional Yoga Therapist (Integrative Yoga Therapy) Texas, Massachusetts & Arizona 2013
- Licensed Naturotherapist (A.N.N.) 2015
- Registered Yoga Teacher (St. John’s, NL – 2012)
Carolyn’s education also includes 28+ years of specialized training for: trauma, stress management, relaxation techniques, self-care techniques, emotional management, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, offenders, addictions, criminal behaviour, violence, Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM), interpersonal conflict resolution, mediation, vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue and much more!
Carolyn began her yoga journey in January 2002. Her background includes 10 years of studying and practicing in the Iyengar tradition, where postures are alignment based. In 2012 she completed the 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training at Shakti Yoga Studio, St. John’s, NL. In 2013, she completed the 300 Hr Professional Yoga Therapist Certification with Integrative Yoga Therapy which took place in Texas, Massachusetts and Arizona. In 2017, she became an IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist. In 2014, she completed the Neurogenic Yoga™ training in Arizona and became one of two Certified Neurogenic Yoga™ teachers in Canada.
In 2015, Carolyn became Globally Certified as a TRE™ Provider (Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises™), this training was completed in Chicago with Dr. David Berceli. In 2018, Carolyn completed Advanced Training in TRE in Dubrovnik, Croatia with Dr. David Berceli.
Carolyn completed Usui Reiki Level I, II and Advanced training (2015) in St. John’s, NL with Nora Squires. She completed Holy Fire III Usui Master Reiki training in Glastonbury and Stonehenge, UK (2016) with William Lee Rand. She also completed Karuna Reiki Level I (2017) in St. John’s, NL with Nora Squires. She completed her Holy Fire III Karuna Master Level in Glastonbury and Stonehenge, UK (2017) with William Lee Rand.